Vacuum leak ? On a stall problem

Hi Russ ! I still havn't pinpointed MY problem........but it looks according to a mechanic that looked at it, that it could be a (gasket) vacuum leak somewhere between the carburator and the intake ??? or the intake and the block ??? Hummm......new gaskets ???

I too, am stranded in my driveway...cause I can't take the chance to stall and push (I remember trying to push the beast) by hand FORGET that it will not move an inch ( Its a class B motorhome B-200)

"I remember someone telling me not to change anything unless you are shure" !

My 360cu.i double barrel starts exceptionally good........idles nice and smoothly but the minute I step on the accelerator it still stalls on me ??? I am still waiting for my Chrysler mechanic to free himself up to peep at my beast !

I was just wondering if YOU had new devellopments on yours..............

Regards J-P.

P.S. Oh yeah Big AL did you look at our previous exchanges .....all the symptoms are described....thanks for inquiring !

Reply to
ArtBust

Sounds to me like you need to replace the rubber on the Accelerator pump. IIRC you need to put in the RED one, not the black one. It was a very common problem in the late seventies/early eighties on all Mopar

2bbls and some singles.
Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

Clarence said....

Sounds to me like you need to replace the rubber on the Accelerator

Thanks Clarence.........I will look it up ! Gees I hope it could be that for a solution.......sound to be an easy way out for me !

Regards....J-P.

a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
ArtBust