Van leaks on when idling

My caravan leaks on when it's sitting idling. I was charging the AC ann noticed about 1/2 pint on the ground. It seems to be coming from somewhere near the starter. I guess where the transmission meets the
engine. It's not trans fluid. When driving I can't tell if it leaks as bad. When turned off it leaks a few drops. I guess the pressure causes it to leak.
Easy fix? or is it the rear main seal? If so, it will just have to leak. I don't think that's an easy fix.
Shane
---
On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 18:27:54 -0700, "Dick Cheney" <Dick

Yup, one half pint of *what* leaked? Water from the A/C? Coolant? Engine oil? transmission fluid (how do you know it is not ATF)? A/C PAG lubricant? The can of beer that was knocked over?

Or one of your buddies decided to screw with ya and poured a little oil under the it.
A old trick, but very effective.

Or worse, a can of (old) brake fluid... THey know that can't use it (been opened) so "how about a little fun?" <bg>

Don't ya just hate it when your vehicle is leaking "on"? That's worse than when it leaks 710.
beekeep
---

took me a moment, then I remembered the blond joke.......funny stuff

You guys are a bundle of joy and laughter!
It's oil that is leaking. My bad for not indicating that. Once the engine is about 1 quart low on OIL the leak seems to slow down.
Any REAL help. All for a good joke. I just hate being the butt of it.
No beer No ATF NO Brake Fluid NO Semen No blood etc
On 4/23/2010 12:28 PM, Shane wrote:

Right above the starter on my ranger is the oil filter, possible leaking oil filter gasket, could also be bad oil sensor/sender or valve cover gasket leaking.

OIL - 710, it's all the same thing, You just use the latter when the OIL fill cap is upside down.
beekeep