Vented Tailgate - (Dodge Ram '07)

They were doing it. Perhaps when you were still Tom B or before you were here. They had been claiming 20HP at the rear wheels with one of their toys Actually in the ad they showed a early Camaro, anyway after all the protesting and stuff they stopped with the outlandish claims.

Of course, it turned into a filter thread. Ya want to go to T-wrench's?

Click or beam ?

Reply to
Roy

Plus the good ole K&N will "NOT" filter out the aftereffects of a couple of bags of Castles. I've tried and it just doesn't work..

First day of vacation and it's rained all day. I did manage to get a couple of naps in tho.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Look my floppy eared buddy. I hate to brake the news to ya but look at the size of what you are trying to filter. That wimpy K$N might just get sucked in. If ya want I might be able to make a call and get a filter off a locomotive. I figure the volume of fumes would be about the same. Or failing that maybe a turbo scrubber, they are heavey but I'm sure we can strap it on your wide ass.

I'm thinking of going back to the beach, it's cooled off to about 86, nice breeze off the water.

Reply to
Roy

Tom:

Go the head of the class! Also, what must be considered is that when traveling down the road, the underhood air is not a stagnant mass of hot air, but is pretty well ventilated from air incursion through the wheel wells, etc.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

The formula for any four stroke engine is:

CFM = (CID x RPM x VE) /3456

where: CFM = Cubic feet/minute CID = Cubic inch displacement RPM= Revolutions per minute VE = Volumetric efficiency

To calculate velocity thru the air intake system:

CFM/intake area in square feet

This does not take into account the very minor loses due to friction.

More fuel to the fire.....

;^)

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

I agree to an extent. However, they do make claims regarding SPECIFIC vehicles by year and model. No performance part manufacture can make across the board claims. They can only show results for specific tests done. Whether those will relate to some other vehicle is unknown.

Reply to
miles

Uhm hold up...

Now, if we're talking 1st gen, the air pickup is actually the HINGE opening on the passenger side rear. This is where there is greater air pressure and therefore where the input air WILL come from when the truck is rolling...

At full operation temperature on a hot day with the AC blasting and the pavement damn near boiling hot, the input air temperature to the stock air intake system is insanely high (I've recorded temps as high as 165F in the factory air duct) at 70ish mph.

It'd be hard to get much WORSE than that.

Reply to
balsofsteele

ok Mr Gasoline Man.................

what is the VE of a new HEMI?

Reply to
Chris Thompson

Hmmmm?... good question, Chris! I dunno, but I'll find out.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

Bad as a math teacher, gives ya a word problem but not all the ness info to work the formula to reach the solution, but you still fail the test ;)

:P~~~~~~~~

Reply to
Chris Thompson

But you have to appreciate the refreshing idea of someone not giving info until they research it...

Sort of the anti-snoman...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

So true.

Reply to
Roy

ok mac i'll give you that one (and maybe Mike too)

Reply to
Chris Thompson