Very Bad AM Radio Reception in 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel

I know you all have an opinion on most things having been on the fringe of this group for years (not one of the regulars). So I need some advice. I
just bought an 03 3500 Diesel. AM Radio comes in like crap. checked the antenna connection, took the radio out, (its one of the stock ones that displays the station and what is playing) It all looks ok but I can not listen to WABC in the NY metro area, which came in fine in my Durango and my wife's 300. so any suggestions? or ball breaking? Thanks Andy

Get a new radio. My own and I have heard from some others that this is a common occurance.

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 17:22:47 -0500, "GeekBoy"

YOu could try installing a power filter choke in the power lead feeding the radio. Sometimes the noise comes up the power leg and when in the AM mode it is more sensitive to this type of interference. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Or adjusting the antenna trimmer. http://www.chevelles.com/radiotech/reception.html Could not find the instructions for a Dodge, but this willl help.
Al

This could improve signal to noise ratio if it is out of adjustemnt but it will not remove noise source. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
AM? What year is this?
Andy wrote:

2006....

AM is very big in the talk/news genre.
True, that's all it's good for (brainwashing programs).