Veterans

Page 1 of 5
I got my letter from the VA today stating that I was one of 26.5 Million vets who's personal information was one the PC that got stolen. This number
is allot larger than I've heard. It also contained spouse information and disability ratings.
They give a web site for more info.
www.firstgov.gov
Phone numbers are 1-800-333-4636 and is open from 0800-2100 EDT Monday thru Saturday.
They do admit that the person taking this type of information home was not authorized to do so and that the FBI and the VA IG's office is running the investigation.
It's kinda funny but the last line of the letter says, "The IRS has agreed to forward this letter because we do not have current addresses for all affected individuals."
Signed R. James Nicholson Secretary of Veterans Affairs
This notice is bought to you by MoParMaN, RSFC Veteran Affairs Information Officer and survivor of the 1988 thru 1992 Usenet Wars. (Pine 1.0)
--
MoParMaN---Remove Clothes To Reply!
got mine too.

That means I should have one in the mail box too.

I would assume so if your records were on that disk and the IRS knows where you are.
--
MoParMaN---Remove Clothes To Reply!
On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 22:11:02 GMT, "MoParMaN"

I haven't gotten one... (yet)
maybe I dropped under the VA's radar... lol
Mac

I hope that any interaction that I had with the VA was so long ago it wasn't on a disc. Haven't heard a thing from them yet and that's a good thing.
Roy
You will only get one if your were in after 1975. The part I like is all of the "Veterans Groups" who are suing the VA on our behalf. Bet you won't get a thing and these clowns will get rich. I hate lawyers.

I've been told there are no lawyers in heaven. Gives me comfort to know I won't have to deal with them that much longer. And a reason to be good.
Karl

By 1975 I was only in the inactive reserve, but I got the letter.

I was in from 77 to 80 and the IRS sure as hell knows where I live.
I haven't gotten mine yet.
I'd like to see that list, though. Someone I once knew owes me a lot of money.

I don't know about that and the letter didn't say that. I was in from early 1971 until last 1979.
--
MoParMaN---Remove Clothes To Reply!

Ya know, the bad part about all those lawsuits is that if the Veteran's Groups win, the VA will have to find the money to pay any penalties imposed.
And you can bet it won't come from salaries of employees and supervisors who screwed up - it'll come from the same pot of money that provides services to the Veterans they are supposed to be helping.
Makes me wonder how many Veterans will get screwed out of earned, deserved medical care because of this.
GUNNER wrote:

Not true in 63 to 67 got one.
Igot out in 62 and got one.

Dood, I'm talking Viet Nam era, I'm 54.
--
MoParMaN---Remove Clothes To Reply!

As am I. 1966 is the date I'm concerned about.
Roy

Damn, you guys are really old. I didn't get in till '72.
FMB

Wait 'til mac pipes up concerned about 1812.<G>
Roy
Here, I will make you all feel old, I didn't go in until 89!
<VBFG>

I got hemorrhoids older than you. Better looking too!!!
--
MoParMaN---Remove Clothes To Reply!