WANTED: '02 dually

im seeking a 2002 dodge cummins 4x4 dually with the 6 speed manual transmission, preferrably low mileage. i want patriot blue exterior with charcoal interior, and not drilled for bug guards or steps. ive found a
couple online but they all had the 3.54 gear ratio which i feel is to high for what i have in mind. surely 410 (or atleast 373) were available with the manual tranny?
--
Nathan W. Collier
http://7SlotGrille.com

4.10's were available in '02 (regardless of tranny)... the 3.73 didn't become available until '03 with the new body style (and AAM axles vs. Dana in the '02s)
You trying to build your own fleet? :)
LOL, look who is talking about a fleet :-)

"Tom Lawrence" < snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Hey... I'm down to two :)
Only two now? How do you manage :-) Which ones do you still have?

"Tom Lawrence" < snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net> wrote in message

The two wide-bodies... '95 3500/V10 and '03 3500/CTD
Just finished putting tires on both of 'em... got about 55K out of the BFG Commercial/TAs on the '95, and about 47K on the stock Goodyear POS's on the '03. Both are wearing Michelin LTX M/S now. 12 tires... ouch :)

Fine, except for the spots on the front fender where I apparently dripped battery acid :) Other than the usual chips and scratches, I can't complain about it.
Are you sure that it was battery acid and not delamination? Maybe it is just the 97's or with my luck, my particular truck. What color is yours?

"Tom Lawrence" < snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Well, it's in a drip-type pattern down the left front fender. Pretty sure what happened there :)

Blue/gray. Or, in Mopar-speak, "Dark Pearl Blue/Light Satin Driftwood". Uh huh... looks gray to me.
Ok, same color as mine so that rules out a particular color. Mine did look silver but is turning gray on the tops of the fenders. The delamination is on the hood where it is blue and most noticeable. Oh well, at least it's not rusting and I'll probably repaint it next year anyway.

"Tom Lawrence" < snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net> wrote in message

good info, thanks. why would you run 3.54s on a dually set up for towing? several i looked at online had 5th wheels/goosenecks with the 3.54s.

heh, something like that. im getting ready to launch a business and need a dually. mainly it will replace the '01.5.
--
Nathan W. Collier
http://7SlotGrille.com

Not wanting to run in O/D? The Cummins has the guts to pull with the higher gears - that's not much of a problem.

i could see it on flat ground. my 2500 has the 3.54s and it does great, but ive never had it loaded down like my 3500 which has 3.73 (and more power).
--
Nathan W. Collier
http://7SlotGrille.com

hi steve, do you tow in the mountains? i wouldnt mind 3.54s if it will pull its rated load in the mountains.
--
Nathan W. Collier
http://7SlotGrille.com