warning

I had until tonight a 2001 1/2 ton ram QC. I hit #1 a telephone pole dead center #2 a culvert which flipped me on my drivers side #3 another culvert
while sideways, slid across a driveway and #4 a pine tree. After the truck stopped then and only then did the airbags pop.
You are one luck dude.

LOL, I could do without that type of luck!!!

"Hp" < snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net> wrote in message
You know, Dave, there are other ways to test your airbags without going through all that drama.
I hope you didn't hurt yourself in this experiment. What made your Ram decide to take on the pole?
FMB
I hope that a one time only test.
I would contact Chrysler and ask them why the airbags did not go off.

Over two years ago I had a kid in an a 95 Z28 Camaro (Uninsured) turned left in front of me, as I entered the intersection. I was driving my 2000 GMC Sierra 4x4. After I took the Camaro's front end off, I was deflected into a 98 Cavalier. I hit her and launched it over 100' down the ditch along the road. The driver was unhurt, but had to be cut out as the car was "tweaked" enough that the doors couldn't be opened. I barely hit a light pole and BLAM, there go the air bags as I stopped. The whole wreck took less than three lanes (1 turn and 2 travel lanes) start to finish, 50+MPH to 0 in about two truck lengths. Lots of negative G's.
It happens to all makes of trucks and cars, not just Dodge.
I was the only one hurt. Of course. The truck was never the same, and I traded it for a 2003 Hemi Ram. The only thing I don't like better than the Sierra is the gas milage. (11-12 vs 13-15)
BDK
says...

I saw some pix of a guy in a Honda, he fell asleep at the wheel and hit the sign in front of the freeway onramp, this 4x4 post was enough to deploy the air bags and wake up the driver, but the post was not strong enough to stop the car... the traffic light pole, about ten feet later was enough to stop the car dead in its tracks, but the airbags were already deployed... I believe he fell back asleep at that point, never to wake again.

glad you are still here to chat with us. sheesh

If it had been a ford, you'ld be dead at #1.
--
MoParMaN---Remove Clothes To Reply!