Warped Dakota Disc Brakes

Well known problem for all you Dakota owners out there. My front disc brakes have warped again, 3rd time I'll replace them and I only have 50k on
my '01 quad cab. What are a good aftermarket product that I can replace these with? Is it that difficult to do myself?
Thanks
http://www.300below.com/site/motor_testimonials.html
And you will never replace them again.
Coasty

I have had those replaced twice.
What kind of pad are you running? after 20 yrs in repair i found the a good set of carbon metallic pads are the best.
"Coasty" <uscg_ret at comcast dot net> wrote in message

I actually don't know. The first time I had a Dodge dealer replace them. The second time I had a caliper lock up on me and had to take it to a local guy since one brake was stuck. Not sure what he used.

ok, its an 01 quad is it 2 or 4 wheel drive?

It's an '01 quad, 4x4.

for the front pads i would use raybestos pgd820qs for the rotors st76645l st76645r that is the same things i have on mine with no problems.
--

http://www.hard-parts.org /
The best place for your hard to find part needs
Jimbo wrote:

rotors. Did you actually put a dial indicator on both sides of the rotor? What's the run out? I've got 75K miles on my original pads and rotors, and they still work great. I check the run out every 5K miles and they are still well within specs.
Read this before spending a dime, written by Carrol Smith: http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/wp_warped_brakedisk.shtml
With modern braking systems, you can't always rely on the old fashioned pulsating pedal to know when they are truly warped. There are a few other abnormalities that cause that same pedal feel.
--
.boB
On Order: 2006 FXDI, Red.

Bob: I'm not the OP but I found the link educational nevertheless. Thanks. I had to replace the front brake rotors in my '01 Dak, but it was for excessive rusting and pitting. I replaced them with aftermarket rotors.
jmc
That was a very interesting article, thank you for posting the link. Perhaps that's my issue. I'm taking it in to a guy this weekend (3rd different garage). I know they have their own work Dakota sitting outside, so maybe they've had the same experiences as me.

Jimbo wrote:

I had the rotors on my 02 Hyundai Elantra replaced a couple of years ago for basically the same problem described in the Carrol Smith article. i had found similar information on breaking in new rotors and stress relief of the rotor material. This breakin technique worked very well. I now have about 35,000 miles on these rotors without any judder.
Paul