Water A/C leak on passenger side

Hello,
I have a 2002 Dodge, 3500, 4x4, CTD. I live in Florida and run the AC in it all the time. A few months ago, I noticed that the carpet on the passenger
side was soaking wet. I thought it was because I had the left the window opened and it rained. So, I opened the door, parked it in the full sun to dry it out and didn't think anymore about it.
Then, it happened again and it is getting worse. I assume that its the AC leaking, but cannot see where it is coming from. Is there some filter or tube that I need to clean? How best to do that?
Another question:
I never really liked carpet in a truck. I would just as soon have vinyl. When I lifted the carpet up, the underlying vinyl / rubber floor looked good to me. Is the vinyl / rubber that is underneath the carpet what you would have if you bought a truck without carpet? Anybody see any issues if I just take all the carpet out? My buddy has a 2003 CTD, 4x4, 3500 without carpeting. His floor looks a little different then what I have underneath the carpet, but it could be because his truck has the newer body style.
Thanks for the tips.
CJ =
does this happen only when running ac there is a drain tude for the ac to drain the moister from the ac it sounds like it is stopped up its on the passenerside against the cab you can see it easy it is round tube with nothing hooked to it pointing down i would let it run a a little bit to let the water build up then i would hook a vaccuum to is and it should pull what ever is blocking it out now this water does it have a smell to it when the hearter core goes it would leak water inside the cab and have a odor and for the carpet take it out you dont need it they put it in for the look

I agree that this is likely the cause here. ----------------- The SnoMan www.thesnoman.com
It may not be the A/C. It could be rain water leaking past the bed light on the roof. I suffered that for a long time before I finally figured it out. The lens was cracked, but you couldn't see it. Steve

But notice his leak location versus yours.
Laszlo Almasi
Ah, my point exactly! The rain water will end up wetting the passenger side rug. If you remove all the seats and all the rugs as I did, you can easily see that any ingress of water will flow to the front because of the floor pan construction. That fact is NOT apparent unless you remove everything as I did. Do not assume that water in the front indicates a leak in the front. It doesn't. Steve

Gotcha
Laszlo Almasi
I have a 2004 Dakota and just had the same problem, rest assured this is not from the leaking light mentioned here. I was traveling with the a/c running when my wife started to complain about cold water dripping onto her toe. So I know that somehow my a/c drain got plugged, my problem is that there is no hose hanging down the passenger side of the firewall, I've looked from under the dash, throught the engine compartment and crawled under the truck and looked up.
Does anyone have some insite on how to find and clean the drain?
thanks, dwh
--

"61Panhead" < snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:zShcg.279$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...
its a short plastic pipe sticking out the right side of the firewall near the frame.
--
-Chris
05 CTD

Fine - but you don't have to post it four times...

Extend the drain with a bit of tubing and a 90 elbow. That way, the drain will point down, perpendicular to the flow of air under the truck, instead of pointing straight at the oncoming air. It will drain much better, and not blow it back into the engine compartment.