Water in right side floor.

I have a 1998 dodge dakota that has developed a water leak in the right floor. The carpet became soaked, so I removed it, let it dry and cleaned it.
I have checked everything I can think. The windshield isn't leaking. The door seal isn't leaking and it is not the heater coil. Also, not the A/C unit.
The floor can be completely dry, then a heavy rain comes. Now I have a wet floor. I have tried to get inside the truck and have my wife run water out of a garden hose over the right side of the car. Eventually, the water starts coming in. She is letting the water run down the area between the hood and the windshield. Inside the truck, I can see water building up right beside the kick panel. I pulled back the plastic insulator, and water was dripping through the holes. It appears that water is getting through the firewall somewhere.
I am tired of soaking up water every time it rains.
Does anyone have any information that can help me?
Thanks Reggie
I would check for a damaged or missing gromet or seal, as this could be a possibility, also the body boot between the door and the cab. I have run across this on occassion when some one has run a wire or something through one. Besides they are only rubber.

azwiley1 wrote:

Had the same problem on my 98 dodge dakota. like you said every heavy rain the right side was soaked. Mine done it for a while but it has stoped. I would say it is something about the seal messed up. It might be the way its designed since i had the exact same problem. Brian
98 Dakota 92 Ram 150 93 Ram 350 CTD

Some trucks will develop a leak at the third brake light (rear center of cab) and it leaks down the inside of the ceiling, down to the post, down to the floor and makes its way to the front.
Check your lens for cracks (replace if necessary) then use some silicone to reseal the whole fixture to the cab.
FMB
It's not coming in around the third tail light. I had my wife spray water with the garden hose around the right side hood/windshield area and started getting water in the floor.
Also looked for some sort of rubber plugs in the firewall area and didn't see any there. I am still baffled. With all the rain we have had in the past week, had to drill a couple of holes in the floor for drainage. Once I find my problem, I can seal the up.

try cleaning the trash from inside the bottom of the fender right infront of the door area. ive seen leaves and stuff clog that area up and then when the water would build up to where the wires go through at the kick pannel it would leak in as those seals are not supposed to be a dam.
--
-Chris
05 CTD

Build a garage.
beekeep
On Sat, 01 Jul 2006 11:26:10 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@radix.net (beekeep) wrote:
Yea, right...build a garage that goes with you to work and on trips and covers your car while you are driving. You build it, I'll buy it.