We need more lead and mercury in our toys!

RANT MODE ON

A news article about lead in Christmas ornaments got me thinking about the old days when we decorated our Christmas trees with pure lead tinsel and got mazes with mercury in them as toys. The whole fricken house was painted with lead paint to boot for Christ sake. The generation that was raised under those conditions developed the jet and rocket engines, harnessed nuclear energy, put man on the moon, and invented the transistor and IC chip.

Since we took away the lead and mercury WTF has the new generation done? The moon has not been colonized, we have a fleet of space shuttles that would be considered "historic" if they were cars, and a decent battery has yet to be invented.

The only conclusion that I can come up with is that we have gotten a lot stupider since we have removed the lead and mercury.

END RANT

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

And then, there's you. And Denny, who doesn't want to use his brains.

Reply to
Beryl

I agree, BeeMan.

Us "lead infested", old fools invented almost all of the modern, sophistaced, gadgets, that the young, "lead free", spoiled brats, take for granted.

:)

"Leroy"

Reply to
Leroy

On Dec 6, 4:43 am, snipped-for-privacy@radix.net (beekeep) wrote:

I think you have been misguided here. You need to be enlightened. It not because of the lack of lead that that we are raising generations of misfits. Or simply put, a dumb down aggregate of societal goofs that were taught to follow there feelings seek pleasure and happiness and now are miserable. But rather we never got the chance to build a bigger government that is more sensitive to the needs of the servants. Oops I mean taxpayers, um I mean citizens. Or maybe better, gender blind viable tissue masses. If we just had one more MLK blvd or perhaps more government sponsored day care ( currently you have to be a government employee to have taxpayer's pay to raise your kids) Free health care, a right to have someone pay for your education,food,housing,mistakes,kids and foolishness. If we could only be given a chance to reach Utopia we could then realize that we are all gods in our on right and do away with judgementalism and all the other ism's that plagued are once great society when it started and later blossomed into prosperity with honor and integrity. (while Africans starved) Yes we have a long way to go. But we can get there there by being attentive to our bold political leaders and important special intrest groups that have been godsends from third world countries. But if you are a Dodge owner as myself, You probably realize that everyone who ate carrots in 1776 is now dead and we have no hope for any of the above to solve anything. Worse yet there is always that old crowd that lived with lead and still murmurs about liberty. Rave on, Dan

Reply to
guitardangroups