Well, I made the leap ..........

2006 Dodge 2500 short bed Big Horn w/ Cummins Turbo engine.
And RED! Divers flag Red! What else for an ex commercial diver?
Thought I wanted white until I saw that red one. A little haggling
............... spray on bed liner ........... full 34 gallons of diesel ............ 15 seconds in a whirlwind chamber of flying paper money (secret is to hold hands out to block the money and select the big bills to stuff through the slot, $165), a $50 gift certificate for filling out a survey (redeemable at their terribly overpriced kiosk of Dodge stuff, but WTF), and a great salesperson who recognized a shark from a guppy.
I'm happy with the price, too.
Driving to Utah this coming week, and can't wait to see it run. Will be up there about two weeks taking care of some construction, and bouncing back to Vegas a couple of times for appointments. Need to take it easy, though, and let it break in.
Thanks for the input from everyone. Decided the short bed was for me, as I would be running empty most of the time anyway. And I am sure I can pull what I want, and not have a problem with a slider.
Steve

you pull a load, up a hill, and you pass all the fords and cheby's with them blowing black smike out their ass....And, there is absolutely nothing they can do about it...
I"m on my third in a row Dodge RaM HD. This is my second "Flame Red" one. DOn't forget, it holds 13 quarts of oil....
--
MoParMaN---Remove Clothes To Reply!
///BS snipped///

What pray tell is black smike? Is this something unique to Dodgem trucks? Dave D

You gotta read minds to be on Usenet... Can you read what I'm thinking now!!!!
--
MoParMaN---Remove Clothes To Reply!

even if it did the only only time you dodge guys would see it is when we passed you! <VBG>
Ron '06 Duramax

american truck company would put an izzuzu motor in it's product. That's sorta like letting a Frenchmen kick your ass.
--
MoParMaN---Remove Clothes To Reply!
On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 20:33:10 GMT, "MoParMaN"

Actually it is an American motor made in collaberation with GM & Isuzu. Until recently GM owned a portion of Isuzu.....
Mark
scribbled:

Now GM is in junk bond status and is on it's last 1950 days of doing business as GM. It's just a matter of time and GM will be Toyota. That would be an improvement too.
--
MoParMaN---Remove Clothes To Reply!
MoParMaN wrote:

That's news to me. Good news, actually -- hey, maybe I'll be able to get the GM vehicles that I like, with the Toyota longevity that I hear about.
Although, my 2002 Sierra 1500 is definitely tougher than my dad's 2002 Toyota Tundra -- I do heavier work with it and have had less problems. He does drive faster, though. A few wheel bearings replaced (my driving style could be described as "See something? Run it the hell over.") and an oil leak were my only problems.
My dad's toyota, besides engine noise/vibration that has become excessive at the truck has aged, has had a broken rear spring, and a front spindle that failed while driving resulting in the wheel getting caught under the door and dragging (luckily he wasn't on the highway). The seatbelt fails to retract and has been replaced twice but fails each time. The "check engine" light won't go away (no, I don't know the code, but two different mechanics say everything's okay). The socket for one tail light has broken, even though the bulb has never been replaced -- maybe they should have cheaped out on the bulb and spent the money on a decent socket. Oh, and the parts are INSANELY EXPENSIVE -- $1200 for the rear spring, for example. I jury-rigged the light socket because I'm afraid of how expensive it will be.
I'll grant you, the Toyota's engine and transmission will probably run for a gazillion miles, but who wants to drive a noisy, vibrating, unsafe beater for a gazillion miles?

Sound like to me that the driver needs replaced not the truck. Actually, I don't know that much about their trucks. I drive around 60 to 80K miles a year so I drive a Camry for work. I'll drive it as I have the others I've owned until 250 to 300K and still get 2000.00 for it and then buy another new one. My wife also drives a Camry and she'll driver hers for 10 years or more and then she'll buy another one. You can't tear em up, unless you go outta your way to. Which it sounds like is what is happening with your above story.
--
MoParMaN---Remove Clothes To Reply!
We just returned from a run up to our Cedar City, Utah, cabin. About 450 round trip with running around.

off your face.
--
MoParMaN---Remove Clothes To Reply!

I go up again Wednesday, and will be there until the 24th driving "stuff" around, and probably sneaking in a fishing trip here and there.
STeve