Well, welll ... some things never change.

Page 2 of 5
C.L. Budd Cochran wrote:

Wait, this is even funnier
Christian right leader George Rekers takes vacation with "rent boy" <http://www.miaminewtimes.com/2010-05-06/news/christian-right-leader-george-rekers-takes-vacation-with-rent-boy/
I haven't been here long enough to have "missed you" but I think you and I think a lot the same, 'specially when it comes to D'Ohbama.
---
Top-poster PlowBoy:

Hey, PlowBoy, was this you? ____________________________
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.dirt Subject: Re: Help me diagnose this engine trouble Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 14:12:17 -0600 Organization: A noiseless patient Spider X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5843
"there has to be some link between the "camshaft" and the Crank, could be gears I guess... right? or are the intake and exhaust lobes cut into the crankshaft somehow? not that it is a bad idea to do valve timing off crankshaft..." ____________________________
Sure is.

Top-poster PlowBoy:

Have you given it any thought since then?
Given what thought?
Since you have issues with my netiquette, why don't you trim up the excess text when you bottom post, so the rest of us do NOT have to scroll down forever to see your one line remarks? I mean AFAIK your just as bad with your infractions.

Top-poster PlowBoy:

So, you haven't.

Because when I "trim" it, the context is GONE.
Now we're left with "What was they talking 'bout? I'll jes' open all the previous posts in the thread and reassemble the conversation and figger out what's they's sayin'."
What's wrong with top posting except it seems to bother a few "purists"?
Oh, netiqutte ... right ... wasn't it supposed to also reduce profanity usage, flames and the like?
Hmmmmmm, hasn't done a very good job if you ask me.
I mean, look at you, picking on him for posting on top which Outlook Express, for example, does by default.
--
C.L. "Budd" Cochran
Pray for the Obama administration Psalm 109:8
C.L. "Budd" Cochran wrote:

At least he isn't putting a sig line up there, below his comments. That would delete everything below in the reply window. Oh, you just did that!
Gee, it's still there on my reply to you ... maybe your reader isn't set to quote previous messages and you're just blaming everyone else for it?
--
C.L. "Budd" Cochran
Pray for the Obama administration Psalm 109:8
C.L. "Budd" Cochran wrote:

No, it isn't, unless you go back and copy it from an earlier post and repaste it back in here. Which you didn't.

Everything following a sig delimiter "-- " gets thrown out.
Really?
Funny.
Outllook Express has never done that to me.
--
C.L. "Budd" Cochran
Pray for the Obama administration Psalm 109:8
C.L. "Budd" Cochran wrote:

Done what?
Gee, look ... you managed to keep a top posted quote. I thought you said it couldn't be done.
--
C.L. "Budd" Cochran
Pray for the Obama administration Psalm 109:8
C.L. "Budd" Cochran wrote:

Nope. I said that everything following "-- " is discarded. The quoted lines were below your sig, thus were regarded as part of your sig and automatically removed. I didn't do it. There's no setting to change to prevent it. If you top-post, your sig should still go at the very end.
One thing you've not noticed about aadt, rules don't mean diddly.
And since you're not the boss of the Internet . . . . . . . . . . .
--
C.L. "Budd" Cochran
Pray for the Obama administration Psalm 109:8
C.L. "Budd" Cochran wrote:

Translation: After repeated explanations, Budd still doesn't understand that everything following his sig got trimmed.
Oh, I understand that for some reason, on your newsreader or server they appear to get deleted, but I also know that it's not happening on Outlook Express and my news server.
So, the "problem", if there really is one, is on your end, not mine.
--
C.L. "Budd" Cochran
Pray for the Obama administration Psalm 109:8
C.L. "Budd" Cochran wrote:

No, it's on your end.
Suddenly, without warning, Beryl exclaimed (5/13/2010 6:31 PM):

Note: Just pointing this out here. Please don't shoot me!
Um. It wasn't for me. His sig and the previous comment was still intact, though it's missing on your reply. So, I'm thinking that's your newsreader... I'm using Thunderbird.
jmc