what do I need for cold weather

Page 1 of 2
I have a '06 2005 CTD. I live in the Phoenix AZ area, and will be visiting central Utah where the lows are expected to be about 10 degrees, with the
highs at 35 to 40 degrees. Do I need to do anything special to my truck? The dealer in Phoenix was not much help!

Plug in the block heater at night.
On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 01:05:10 -0600, Joseph Myers

By plugging in the block heater at night, you have almost instant heat, cause the coolant is already warmed up.

You needn't do anything different for those temps. The wait to start light will take a tad bit longer to go out before starting. The block heater really isn't necessary untill temps drop below zero degrees.
One thought comes to mind however. You want to make sure that your fuel is primarly the local blend as the fuel in Phoenix is probably still #2 diesel. The fuel in Utah is the winter blend.
Hope this helps!
Mike

Ya took the words right off my keyboard! I think I would be treating any fuel that was in my truck for the trip. Take a spare fuel filter just in case.
I've a confesssion. Figure I can sneak it in here. I used the heated seats in the Charger, they are the balls!
Roy

I rest my tush... errrr case!

i don't have the heated seats. but you won't see me jumping on anyone that does. after a few cold winters and some more mileage on my personal odometer, i wish i had them. pay heed to good advice.

Some of us never take good advice =)
--
----------------------------
-Chris

What a bunch of wussies we have here.... Real men don't need heated leather seats.... Rectal gasses are warm enough..
<VBG>
Denny

Arrrggg....Friggin Rabbit!!!!

That ain't rectal gas, that's your breath!!!<BFG>
Roy

Somebody has to provide the cheap entertainment....

As long as you don't give me a smooch, who cares????
Denny

Somebody has to provide the cheap entertainment....

As long as you don't give me a smooch, who cares????
Denny

You are with the double post. What's up?

C'mon, I know ya have "the machine"
Roy

For some reason my posts don't show up for an hour or so. Damned computer/server/news reader/seat heater/whatever...
Denny

Ya probably have a knot in the wire.<G>
Roy

Naw, it just takes awhile to permeate the gaseous aura around the wabbit.
Mike

You are probably correct Mike. As you know it is a real looooong way around the wabbit. <BFG>
Roy

Keep it up suckers. Santa's been good to me so far for Christmas.......M1 Garand and an 870 express with a 28" and a 20" barrel. Ya'll just keep pok'n now..... <VBG>
Denny

I had a choice from Santa. A cat-back for the new toy or more fire power. I opted for the cat-back. The dark side is more than enough with a few 30rd mags.
Roy