what do I need for cold weather

I have a '06 2005 CTD. I live in the Phoenix AZ area, and will be visiting central Utah where the lows are expected to be about 10 degrees, with the highs at 35 to 40 degrees. Do I need to do anything special to my truck? The dealer in Phoenix was not much help!

Reply to
Dave

Plug in the block heater at night.

Reply to
Joseph Myers

You needn't do anything different for those temps. The wait to start light will take a tad bit longer to go out before starting. The block heater really isn't necessary untill temps drop below zero degrees.

One thought comes to mind however. You want to make sure that your fuel is primarly the local blend as the fuel in Phoenix is probably still #2 diesel. The fuel in Utah is the winter blend.

Hope this helps!

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

Ya took the words right off my keyboard! I think I would be treating any fuel that was in my truck for the trip. Take a spare fuel filter just in case.

I've a confesssion. Figure I can sneak it in here. I used the heated seats in the Charger, they are the balls!

Roy

Reply to
Roy

I rest my tush... errrr case!

Mike Simmons

i don't have the heated seats. but you won't see me jumping on anyone that does. after a few cold winters and some more mileage on my personal odometer, i wish i had them. pay heed to good advice.

Reply to
theguy

Some of us never take good advice =)

Reply to
Chris Thompson

By plugging in the block heater at night, you have almost instant heat, cause the coolant is already warmed up.

Reply to
Joseph Myers

What a bunch of wussies we have here.... Real men don't need heated leather seats.... Rectal gasses are warm enough..

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Arrrggg....Friggin Rabbit!!!!

That ain't rectal gas, that's your breath!!!

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Somebody has to provide the cheap entertainment....

As long as you don't give me a smooch, who cares????

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Somebody has to provide the cheap entertainment....

As long as you don't give me a smooch, who cares????

Denny

Reply to
Denny

You are with the double post. What's up?

C'mon, I know ya have "the machine"

Roy

Reply to
Roy

"Dave" wrote in news:Mcrgh.12479$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe23.lga:

Use windshield washer fluid that won't freeze.

Reply to
RobertPatrick

For some reason my posts don't show up for an hour or so. Damned computer/server/news reader/seat heater/whatever...

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Ya probably have a knot in the wire.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Naw, it just takes awhile to permeate the gaseous aura around the wabbit.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

You are probably correct Mike. As you know it is a real looooong way around the wabbit.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Keep it up suckers. Santa's been good to me so far for Christmas.......M1 Garand and an 870 express with a 28" and a 20" barrel. Ya'll just keep pok'n now.....

Denny

Reply to
Denny