What oit is preferred 5.7 Hemi

1st time dodge truck owner looking at 1st oil change. Dealer service writer says any good dinosaur oil is fine. Guy that performed 1st "free with purchase" oil change says you got to use Mopar oil and they it is synthetic or synthetic blend.

So what oil and filter is preferred for a 5.7 Hemi by the folks that frequent this newsgroup?

Reply to
Dan Ward

Been using Mobile 1 on all my vehicles for many years.

Reply to
.boB

What I'm getting at is I have 100K of warranty that I don't want to screw up. The owners manual says the oil must be 5W-20 which is no problem. It must be API certified which again is no problem. But it also says it must meet specification MS-6395 and that is presenting a challenge. Either the oil manufactures just don't advertise that they meet this spec or they in fact don't meet this spec. Or at least I'm having troubles assuring myself of exactly which oil meets this spec.

Reply to
Dan Ward

I googled MS-6395 and found a similar discussion in a forum with these links listed:

Ken

Reply to
Nosey