whats the APPS on the ram2500 -Max

I have a 1994 Dodge Ram2500 4x4 w/5.9L Cummins 5spd manual trans. I'm having power problems.
Thanks for the reply Max.
Dave
-- Posted via NewsDemon.com - Premium Uncensored Newsgroup Service
------->>>>>>http://www.NewsDemon.com <<<<<<------ Unlimited Access, Anonymous Accounts, Uncensored Broadband Access

The APPS is an accelerator pedal position sensor, and is used on electronically-controlled trucks ('98.5 and up). Older engines (12-valve head) will have a similar sensor (a TPS, or throttle position sensor), but this is only for automatic-equipped trucks, and is just there for torque converter locking/unlocking. Fueling on the 12V engines is mechanically controlled from the throttle cable, directly to a valve on the injection pump.
Tom, Thanks much for the info. The dealer did the throttle link upgrade and the truck does not run right. Is there a way to check the valve, link and cable to rule this out.
Thanks; Dave

Yep - take it back to the dealer and say, "it don't run right. Fix, please".
Twice, now... No luck...
Dave