whats the APPS on the ram2500 -Max

I have a 1994 Dodge Ram2500 4x4 w/5.9L Cummins 5spd manual trans. I'm having power problems.

Thanks for the reply Max.

Dave

Dave

The APPS is an accelerator pedal position sensor, and is used on electronically-controlled trucks ('98.5 and up). Older engines (12-valve head) will have a similar sensor (a TPS, or throttle position sensor), but this is only for automatic-equipped trucks, and is just there for torque converter locking/unlocking. Fueling on the 12V engines is mechanically controlled from the throttle cable, directly to a valve on the injection pump.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Tom, Thanks much for the info. The dealer did the throttle link upgrade and the truck does not run right. Is there a way to check the valve, link and cable to rule this out.

Thanks; Dave

Dave

Yep - take it back to the dealer and say, "it don't run right. Fix, please".

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Twice, now... No luck...

Dave