Wheel Bearing/Ball Joint, More?

Friends,
1996; Ram PU SLT; 5.9L; 4X4
A while ago I noticed the driver's side left wheel seemed to be turned to the right more than the other side when looked dead on. Today I
jacked her up and grabbed the driver's side front wheel and there is a lot of play in all directions. 12 & 6; 3 & 9; 1:25 & 7:25; etc. It just wobbles all over. How many different problems am I looking at here? Ball joints, hub bearing, etc. I might also need some advice in replacement procedures but will beg that later. Thanks all; have a great weekend.
Steve
I'm a dummy... Sorry but it's the passenger side if that matters.
Thanks, Steve
On Jun 8, 3:49 pm, snipped-for-privacy@msn.com wrote:

Nah, doesn't matter. It certainly sounds like a hub bearing to me. You can probably grab the tire and push/pull it in and out - a sure sign the bearing has worn.

Tom,
I grabbed the tire and did what you said "push/pull it in and out" and there was no play at all; it really did not budge. But like I said there is slop and wobble when it is pusded and pulled in opposite clock positions. Could this still be the hub bearing?
Thanks, Steve
Does it do that in all clock positions such as 3 - 9 and 12 - 6?
< snipped-for-privacy@msn.com> wrote in message
Yes TBone it does; every possible position and combination there is a lot of slop and wobble.
Thanks, Mike

Then it probably is as Tom suggested, a bad hub bearing.
< snipped-for-privacy@msn.com> wrote in message
From the description of the symptoms, I'd bet on the cause being a dead outer wheel bearing. Bryan
TBone wrote:

Thanks for all the help. You all helped me replace the other side a few years ago so maybe I can do it without bugging you guys too much. Here's the link from three years ago if interested:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.autos.dodge.trucks/browse_thread/thread/4b2a3bb7b7b3f0cd/fd59210767e18d0e?lnk=gst&q 96+1500+hub+bearing&rnum=2&hl=en#fd59210767e18d0e
Thanks again, Steve