Which engine oil viscosity

Considering a 2005/2006 Dakota SLT. Would someone please post the recommended engine oil viscosity for the V-6 as well as standard V-8. I am especially interested in what "optional" viscosities are listed. (I live in a hot climate) Is there a link where I can view or d/l the owner's manual for free?

Does Dodge have any issues with owner's using synthetic motor oil?

Thank you.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

What does the owner's manual say? coasty

Reply to
Coasty

Diamler-Chrysler only recommend API Certified engine oils. Use Mopar engine oil or equivalent

API Certified Synthetic OK.

Royal Purple, and Mobil 1 are 2 API Certified Synthetic oils.

Reply to
Jay