Which Gas Cap?

I have a 99 Ram 1500 Laramie SLT Quad cab with a short bed and a 5.2L 318 Magnum V8. I want to get a locking gas cap for it but I don't know if I need a vented
or unvented gas cap for it. Which one do I get, and what difference does it make? Thank you for your time.
Corby
On Wed, 7 Oct 2009 08:27:56 -0500, "Corby" <c o r b y @n e t c o m m a n d e r.c o m> wrote:

Magnum V8. I want to get a locking gas cap for it but I don't know if I need a vented or unvented gas cap for it. Which one do I get, and what difference does it make? Thank you for your time.

First, use a good posting program. Your's didn't insert line breakes as Usenet wants. That makes your post hard to read.
Then remember that all gasoline vehicles sold in the US (and most other countries) have used non-vented caps since the introduction of vapor recovery systems, or for about the last 25 years or so... You want an unvented cap.