Who owns Cummins?

In one of the other NGs I follow, someone mentioned that FORD owns Cummins. Is there any truth to this? Did Ford own a piece of Cummins at one point in
time? Who owns Cummins now? or are they on their own?
Add pictures here
βœ–
I think maybe that was a metaphor. Like you are owned!

Cummins.
point in

Add pictures here
βœ–

blow is a little bit of the convo. as funny as it sounds, this is taking place in a sport bike NG
--

">>> GM owns Alison, and GM will not sell to its competing factories.
>>> However, there are aftermarket kits if you feel so inclined to convert
βœ–

I have that information archived from a long dead link:
http://www.cummins.com/news/be ­nefit.html
Pertinent information selectively cut and pasted.
<begin quoted text>
COLUMBUS, Ind. (Jan. 3, 1997)
REPURCHASE OF 3 MILLION SHARES ALSO AUTHORIZED BY COMPANY - SHARES REPURCHASED FROM FORD MOTOR COMPANY - KENNETH DABROWSKI RESIGNS FROM BOARD.
The company also announced that it has repurchased 1.3 million shares of its common stock from Ford Motor Company and has authorized the repurchase of an additional 1.7 million shares in the open market. In accordance with the terms of the company's 1990 investment agreement with Ford, Kenneth R. Dabrowski, a Ford vice president who has recently served on the Cummins Board of Directors under the terms of the investment agreement has resigned, effective with the repurchase. Following the repurchase from Ford, the company has approximately 38.2 million shares outstanding.
<end quoted text>
I also have the most recent information from Cummins.com
http://www.cummins.com/cmi/content.jsp?siteId=1&langId 33&menuId=6&overviewId)&anchorIdD&menuIndex=4&index=3
When will Ford get the B Series engine for their pickups? Currently, the Dodge/Cummins and the Ford/Navistar agreements are set for the next several years. No announcements have been published, by either company, to change engine suppliers.
Does Ford own Cummins? No, Ford does not own any part of Cummins Inc.
Add pictures here
βœ–

I remember back a few years ago, just prior to the repurchasing of Ford's stock in Cummins, that the contract with Dodge and Cummins to put the I6 in the 2500 and 3500's was about to expire. Time went on and finally there was an announcement the Dodge extended it's contract with Cummins to continue with the agreements. Ford, in the meantime, tried to acquire a contract with Cummins for the same engine. Cummins went with Dodge and Ford decided to sell it's shares of Cummins stock.
Now, that's just what I remember reading about 5 or 6 years ago... "Scuttle-butt", maybe. G. Hedlund Zip: 92404 Researching: Hedlund, Anderson, Nyrιn, Jansson, Heggi, Laszlo, Tako, Taney, Luchinger, Toensing, and Haufle.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Cummins owns Cummins. However, Cummins also owns DAF, the Dutch truck and engine manufacturer. Steve

Add pictures here
βœ–
It was back in 98 when Cummins bought back there stock from Ford. You was able to get the B series in the F-450 F-550 F-650 and F-750 until around 2001. It was also used it Freightliner school bus and some small single axle dump trucks. On the 12 valve B series the block was about the only thing that was the same. On the 24 valve the heads and pistons were the only differents on the lower side. But when we ran out of Dodge parts we would use Ford parts. So some of the Dodge trucks are out there with ported heads.

Add pictures here
βœ–
They also own Onan. (Generators for home, commercial and marine use).
Craig C.
Steve Lusardi wrote:

Add pictures here
βœ–
FORD Does NOT and NEVER did OWN Cummins !!!!! That's a MYTH !!!!!
Add pictures here
βœ–

So is Ford making trucks...
--