Who owns Cummins?

In one of the other NGs I follow, someone mentioned that FORD owns Cummins. Is there any truth to this? Did Ford own a piece of Cummins at one point in time? Who owns Cummins now? or are they on their own?

Reply to
Trey

I think maybe that was a metaphor. Like you are owned!

Reply to
Badger

blow is a little bit of the convo. as funny as it sounds, this is taking place in a sport bike NG

Reply to
Trey

I have that information archived from a long dead link:

Pertinent information selectively cut and pasted.

COLUMBUS, Ind. (Jan. 3, 1997)

REPURCHASE OF 3 MILLION SHARES ALSO AUTHORIZED BY COMPANY - SHARES REPURCHASED FROM FORD MOTOR COMPANY - KENNETH DABROWSKI RESIGNS FROM BOARD.

The company also announced that it has repurchased 1.3 million shares of its common stock from Ford Motor Company and has authorized the repurchase of an additional 1.7 million shares in the open market. In accordance with the terms of the company's 1990 investment agreement with Ford, Kenneth R. Dabrowski, a Ford vice president who has recently served on the Cummins Board of Directors under the terms of the investment agreement has resigned, effective with the repurchase. Following the repurchase from Ford, the company has approximately

38.2 million shares outstanding.

I also have the most recent information from Cummins.com

When will Ford get the B Series engine for their pickups? Currently, the Dodge/Cummins and the Ford/Navistar agreements are set for the next several years. No announcements have been published, by either company, to change engine suppliers.

Does Ford own Cummins? No, Ford does not own any part of Cummins Inc.

Reply to
John Smith

I remember back a few years ago, just prior to the repurchasing of Ford's stock in Cummins, that the contract with Dodge and Cummins to put the I6 in the 2500 and 3500's was about to expire. Time went on and finally there was an announcement the Dodge extended it's contract with Cummins to continue with the agreements. Ford, in the meantime, tried to acquire a contract with Cummins for the same engine. Cummins went with Dodge and Ford decided to sell it's shares of Cummins stock.

Now, that's just what I remember reading about 5 or 6 years ago... "Scuttle-butt", maybe. G. Hedlund Zip: 92404 Researching: Hedlund, Anderson, Nyrén, Jansson, Heggi, Laszlo, Tako, Taney, Luchinger, Toensing, and Haufle.

Reply to
Hobart Duncan

Cummins owns Cummins. However, Cummins also owns DAF, the Dutch truck and engine manufacturer. Steve

Reply to
Steve Lusardi

It was back in 98 when Cummins bought back there stock from Ford. You was able to get the B series in the F-450 F-550 F-650 and F-750 until around

Reply to
Jay

They also own Onan. (Generators for home, commercial and marine use).

Craig C.

Steve Lusardi wrote:

Reply to
craig

FORD Does NOT and NEVER did OWN Cummins !!!!! That's a MYTH !!!!!

Reply to
Edward D via CarKB.com

So is Ford making trucks...

Reply to
MoParMaN

Making them... sure. Selling them... not so much.

Reply to
TBone