Wiper Blades for 2001 Dakota

I've tried a few different types and brands of blades but have found that either the blade doesn't make contact at high speeds or they wear out very prematurly. I currently have a set of Michelin optimum wiper
blades (the one's that don't have the metal brackets and hinges) and the driver's side one no longer makes contact at the center of the blade. These things are only three months old. Does anyone have a suggestion for replacements that will actually last? I need suggestions for both summer and winter driving (I'm in Minnesota).
Thanks!
-- Jerry
Jerry,
I had similar issues with a Chevy mini-van a few years ago. Turns out that it wasn't the wiper blade, but the hinge on the arm (next to the spring) was so corroded that it stopped free movement. Spraying it with penetrating fluid, working it back and forth to make sure it was free, and then oiling it would work for a while, but it would eventually corrode again causing the same symptoms. I eventually replaced the arm and it took care of the problem.
Worked for me anyway....
Dave
Jerry wrote:

I'll check the arm. Since you mention that, I do think it's the driver's side that gets bad first every time.
-- Jerry

I suspect that Dave may be right about it being the arm, not the blade..
We've used whatever wall-mart had on sale on our 01 dak and never had unusual wear or skipping/lifting problems..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
Suddenly, without warning, mac davis exclaimed (12/27/2007 2:34 AM):

Same here. Make sure you're getting the right size too - one's 21", the other's 20". I can never remember which is which though - have to look it up every time... sometimes I cheat and just buy two 20" blades.
jmc
Jerry wrote:

Sounds like a bad arm or weak spring on the arm. Also make sure that the blade is square to the glass. You want the blade to lean over to either side when it in motion.
--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York
Jerry wrote:

I had the same problems with wiper blades about 2 weeks ago. I broke down and bought some of those triple edge blades since my old Ancos were skipping. Those triple edge blades were the worst set of blades I've ever bought. I took them back to Wal Mart and bought the el cheapo ones for something like $2 a piece. Pylons I think. Best blades I've ever bought. Not sure how long they'll last but they work perfectly.
Bob