wiring short problem,,help

Hi, I have an 05 2500 4x4 w/cummings. I was installing a CB radio today and had it wired into a cig. lighter. Had the radio on when I accidently cut the wire into, radio went dead . I looked at the cig.
lighter fuse in fuse panel and it was ok. Where do I look from here? Thanks in advance.

Check the fuse in the radio.
On Sep 10, 6:16 pm, snipped-for-privacy@frontier.net.net wrote:

Look for an ACC fuse, it should be the same one that your interior light is on also (unless there has been a major change). Also, as an FYI, you really should be running the CB either directly to the battery or to a switch (or constant lead your choise) that is NOT tied into other accessories and/functions of the vehicle.

Why? Is that to prevent interference from the other items getting power from that source?

Yes. Also to prevent cross talk from the CB to other things, like your stereo when you key up. Not saying that you will have an if you hook up the way the OP is, but even a lot of your cheap Radio Shack brand CB even tell you in the instructions (like men read them) that you should hook it direct to the battery.

Instructions? What is this thing you speak of?

Umm, not sure, I have heard the term before, but not sure what it actually is.

radio
cig.
here?
an
tied
power
Crosstalk is any phenomenon by which a signal transmitted on one circuit creates an undesired effect in another. This can occur if the wire that you have connected the CB up to is insufficient in size to carry the max load of the CB and whatever else is connected to it causing a voltage drop. The current load of a CB can get quite high and is directly proportional to the amount of modulation (you speaking) that the transmitter is transmitting which will cause the voltage drop to modulate as well. This rapidly varying voltage drop can negatively affect other components on the circuit although I doubt that the cigarette lighter circuit is one that you would have to worry much about as it already is a high current capable circuit with not much on it.

Thanks for the lecture Tom. I knew all this already so I am not sure why you felt you had to explain it. As to the rest, hook the damn thing up how ever you freaking want too, I honestly don't care. My point was simple to understand and it was also correct, but you knew that.

when
the
interior
as
NOT
getting
you
Shack
that
you
load of

the
varying
although
not
quoted text -

LOL, my mistake. I misread the joke about instructions and thought that someone didn't know what crosstalk was. My mistake. Now stop acting like a 5 year old when someone doesn't agree with everything that you say.