Won't Start right after starting

2000 Dodge Ram Van 1500
-Did a coolant flush.
-Have a head gasket problem so put in some Bars gasket sealer.
-Heated up engine for 5-10 minutes, let cool, topped off radiator.
-Ran engine again for 20 minutes, let cool, topped of radiator.
Now the engine will not start but does crank (which is strong and steady).
Sensor problem??
On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 08:04:17 -0700 (PDT), Stingerman

I'd do a good visual to make sure you've not knocked a wire or connector loose...

why didn't you actually fix the truck? a new head gasket may be all it needs right now but if you run it long in the summer heat with a messed up gasket the entire engine is going to end up going in the scrap metal can. you can pay the mechanic small bucks now or buy a new engine later. "mechanic in a can" is not a fix. michael

Turned out to be the distributor rotor.
It has 130,000+ miles, not worth a new head gasket to me. Bars is supposed to work. If it gives me a few months I'll be happy.
On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 18:25:01 -0700, Stingerman wrote:

Then bring the truck down here on a trailer sign the title over and drive away. I'll fix it then sell it to someone who would appreciate having a truck with only 130,000 miles on it. There's a lot of life in that thing if you don't abuse and abandon it now.
Bars leak is crap. replace the gasket
--
Chris

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 03:19:07 +0000, "Christopher D. Thompson"

Our 99 1500 has about 150,000 miles on it and still runs strong... We bought tit at 58k and finished breaking it in..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

130,000 miles is barely broken in if well maintained. My '95 318 ci 1500 4x4 is going strong at over175,000 and I drive it cross country and never worry. I wouldn't think twice about replacing a head gasket.
Ed