worn tie rod question

Well, the Dak's in for repairs now. Should have asked this earlier... as I mentioned the other day, my truck (2001 Dodge Dakota 4x4) failed Australian MVR inspection due to a "worn right tie rod". Now, the
truck's not driving any different than it did before it headed out from the UK, so either it was already worn, or it isn't.
Thusly, what are the symptoms of a worn tie rod (he said something about excess play)? Only thing I'd recently noticed is the occasional click, which seemed to come from the steering - it's clicked once since I've had the truck back.
Thanks for the education!
jmc
On Tue, 04 Jul 2006 08:40:25 +0930, jmc

Depending on the amout of wear or play ou may not see it at all until it gets pretty loose. It can show up as clucks or tires worn funny or it wanting tp follow cracks in the road more. One thing for sure, once they get a little loose, they tend to get worse and wear more quicker once they get a little loose. ----------------- The SnoMan www.thesnoman.com