Wow! (synthetic oil change price)

Page 2 of 2
Suddenly, without warning, Steve B exclaimed (7/1/2010 10:51 PM):

Troll. Plonk.
jmc

No, I'm for real. BTW, you started this, so how can I be the troll? You just wanted somewhere to whine, "Ain't it awful ....?" Well, yes and no, so cope or shut the fuck up.
Steve

PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLL...

mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

Yep.. when I lived in the States, I had Wal-mart change the oil.. I'd bring in the oil and filter and they'd charge $9 or $10 to do the grunt work and dispose of the old oil & filter.. Hard for them to screw it up if you watch them do it..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

I wish I could buy my Royal Purple for that amount and do the work myself. Three gallons is expensive. I changed the engine oil, front and rear end, tranny and transaxle (?), ran me over 3 bills. All this before our trip to Inuvit, Northwest Territories. I'm a day South of that now in Eagle somthing or other.
FMB (North Mexico)
Suddenly, without warning, FMB exclaimed (7/1/2010 12:13 AM):

Three bills? Seriously? Wow. Didn't know the price of synthetic could vary that much!
jmc

Maybe they don't use used oil like your old shop! I'd use the old shop, they add noises for free.
You get what you pay for. I paid $145 for one queen bee this month and think the price was quite reasonable.
On the bright side, look at the weather we are getting this week for free!
beekeep
Suddenly, without warning, beekeep exclaimed (7/1/2010 7:45 AM):

So over $80 for synthetic isn't out of line? Truly? Maybe I will have to find a way to go back to changing my oil myself...
Anyway, yes, the weather is awesome, and I hope your new queen bee creates large and glorious hives for you, and repopulates the honeybee population single-handedly (so to speak)!
jmc

Hmmmmm.... $145 smackers fer one bee???? Hey Greg, I've got a bridge I'd like to show you, it's a money making opportunity.....
;^)
Mike

http://www.glenn-apiaries.com/vsh.html
beekeep
Suddenly, without warning, beekeep exclaimed (7/2/2010 7:51 AM):

Learn something new every day. Didn't know that bees coud be AI'd. No wonder they're more expensive that way, that'd be a tricky little operation :)
jmc

Ya think that's a tough one?
How about moth balls?<VBG>
Roy