WTF!! Doesn't DC think???

Page 2 of 2

That's my point. A non repairable puncture 300 hundred miles from home is a pia but not too big a deal. Make a call and have somebody bring the trailer or failing that hire a flat bed. but 1000 miles you are kinda at the mercy of whoever. I'm opting for the tire wheel set up.

jelly!
beekeep

To give me somthing to do while I wait for AAA?

Roy wrote:

The problem is not just poor management -- it's a political problem. It's not just DC, it's a problem across US companies.
</rant mode on>
You see...... it used to be that industrial engineers were concerned with a "fair days pay for a fair days work", eliminating inefficiency, waste and the "fat". Problem is, the US can't complete with cheap labor from the third world. Our politicians are eliminating trade barriers which means that US corporations are facing low-cost competition from overseas. Industrial engineers are now tasked with cutting costs.....as long as the end product is still saleable in the *short term*.
Problem is, this warped version of industrial engineering has been going on for so long, there's not much inefficiency, waste or fat left.*** So, to get something that looks good on paper, these geniuses are cutting the muscle and bone. There's only so much muscle and bone you can cut before you look at outsourcing as the solution to lower costs.
It's the US corporate version of suicide. It's slow motion suicide for the US way-of-life. Who will these corporations sell their products to when the service and leisure industries are all we have left?
</rant mode off>
***Frequently, the lowest cost product in a product line is so poorly constructed that it will only function for a limited time -- if at all.

So that's why my car doesn't have a spare? Did it occur to you that it might have to do with the size? Or maybe the weight?

Roy wrote:

Let's see if DC still exists as a recognizable entity in 5 years. Then I'll let you know.....

Gee, I thought I asked you a couple of questions.
Then I'll

Don't bother. In five years I'll have bought another car.

figure you can drive on the rest of it.
beekeep
In my assorted years of driving, I've had to reinflate a couple tires. The last one I did, the fellow who had the flat had just purchased a plugging kit for his garden tractor. The plug kit worked nicely, and I had the compressor.
The one before that was a spare wheel. A friend of mine had a flat in the church parking lot. He had a spare wheel, and the jack and lug wrench. But the spare wasn't inflated. It was a Ford Expedition, and I'm pleased that my little lighter socket power compressor did air up his spare. Enough to get him going.
I had a strong impression to check his oil while myself and another fellow had his hood up. Sure enough, no oil showing on the stick. After two quarts (what I had with me) the oil barely reaches the end of the dipstick. It sure is nice to be LDS / Mormon and have the companionship of the Spirit. Has saved me so much trouble, and also been a major blessing to others.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

It doesn't, that's what duct tape is for.

I can't stand all the quacking.

Well, in this case it didn't do much for the tire. Cause the inspiration was regarding oil level. But, I'm sure someday I'll get a revelation on tires.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

One can only hope.<G>

"I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round, I really love to watch them roll, No longer riding on the merry-go-round, I just had to let it go."
beekeep
On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 19:10:54 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

Where ya been? Figured you and Miles had gotten a room together, neither one of ya have posted much recently.. <GBFG>

LOL, that was funny. I have just been busy lately I don't really have the time to keep playing with Miles.

You know, there's only two things that fall out of the sky. <GBEG>