1978 Fiat 124 one way valve in fuel system

Can anyone take a look at the 124 fuel line and tell me where the one way valve goes? My car is missing the valve and the fuel line is pluged on the
far side of the carb. I think the valve shoul go between the fuel pump and the card before the fuel filter is this correct?