98/99 Punto SX 1.2 16V: Power Loss

i have a punto sx 1.2 16v and as i was driving yesterday the revs were at about 2500 - 3000 and all of a sudden they just dropped even with my foot on the
accelerator. It ground to a halt slowly in the middle of the road and now it wont start. The last couple of weeks it has been juddering when changing gear in the mornings for about 5 mins but then has been fine for the rest of the day. any suggestions would be much appreciated
thank you

service

about 2500 - 3000 and all of a sudden they just dropped even with my foot on the accelerator. It ground to a halt slowly in the middle of the road and now it wont start.
Sounds like an injection ECU to me. 210 + labour.