After service car feels weaker

Hi,
After having my X19 serviced, I have noticed that it feels more sluggish in response to the throttle. I could be imagining this, but, I also feel at
times now the speed has dropped slightly in relation to where the revs are - ie. 5000 revs in 2nd gear takes me to 40mph say, compared to 45mph pre-service. It's an 1985 1500cc model.
Anyone had any similar experiences?

I would guess they altered the timing, or messed around with the fuel/air mixture to get it to comply with MOT emissions regulations.

Yep, you *are* imagining it, unless the service involved changing the gear ratios. ; ) Get the timing (I'm guessing it's the timing) set up properly and your car will feel normal again.
As a side point, are you a member of the UK x1/9 Owners-club? http://www.x1-9ownersclub.org.uk / They are an amazingly dedicated bunch of people who are devoted to the X1/9 cause. And what's more, they are nice people too! I joined a couple of months ago and would definitely recommend it, especially if you have technical questions about your X1/9 (between them all they have an encyclopaedic knowledge of all things X1/9). On my first club-meet my X1/9 broke (in a fairly major way) and a group of them fixed it on the spot! I am in their debt.
Regards, Morgan
Hi Morgan,
Thanks for your input :) I think the carburettor mixture is a bit out of tune from what I gather...
I have been looking into joining the club as it does seem handy (regarding parts, knowledge etc). I liked the story you tell of them fixing your X19 on the spot :)
Ric

adjust the idle mixture screw so it runs a little leaner. Good for less CO, bad for power. After the test I set it richer again and back is the power.
Fred PS revs to speed ratio cannot be changed, except by a slipping clutch or wheels.