all TEMPRA drivers - fuel consumption?

its '93. tempra 1,9T.ds motor in manual it says 4,9 to 6,5L/100km

i did full general repair, all new rings, pistons, oil pump, new head etc.. and i measure about 7,5L/100KM after 900km driven consumption,

is this normal? would new injection system help?

Reply to
chupa

I make that about 50 miles/gallon. MMMMM I hope my new '95 Tipo 1.9 Turbo Diesel will get that! Mind you not the way I drive it.....

Reply to
Peter Hucker