Attempted Break In Fiat Punto (Tonight)

Yeah, so some complete pleb has attempted to break into my car, itís a Fiat Punto Mk2 2003 reg
http://130.88.200.97/~jim/mylock.JPG
Luckily, they couldnít gain access, and kept the damage to a minimum
-- just around the lock indentation on the metal and a scratch to the paintwork.
I really canít understand it, my radio facia was off, itís only worth £150 anyway, there were no valuables in sight, Iíd just cleaned the car out at the weekend and there was CCTV in the carpark (only Iím told it doesnít work).
I parked in a carpark right on the outer edge, and that must have been my mistake, easy access.
I phoned the old bill straight away, and they advised me to drive home, then I flagged down a police car and asked can they not take a look at it or get finger prints as it had only happened within the last hour and was told they basically werenít bothered -- glad I pay my taxes -- spoke to the sergeant later on the telephone and was told that yes they should have taken a look, but since I had driven home and through a rain shower to boot there was probably nothing they could do.
Seeing as how my radio was incomplete, my friend seems to think they were trying to actually steal the car but I understand my car has an immobiliser as standard? is there any way I can confirm this? Iím going to try and have the lock replaced as itís knackered now I hope they let me just replace the one.
Can anyone recommend me stickers, security devices, is there such a thing as an anti tamper alarm thatíll be able to pick up when someoneís messing with the locks? or can anyone recommend me a brand of security system?
I was going to buy those stickers from Halfords as a temporary measure, but Iím guessing many people know that theyíre fakes if theyíre from halfords, does anyone else do warning stickers which are of a less common design?
Advice much appreciated.
The Jim
‚úĖ

It's an italian car. How about "Protected by the mafia"? :-)
--
snipped-for-privacy@dod.no
CitroŽn C4 1.6i Coupť -05

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
hey at least it was worth stealing not like a Citroen
by the way Jim nice jvc head unit forsale on eBay!

Add pictures here
‚úĖ

I see that as just another bonus now that I've traded in my Stilo. :-)
--
snipped-for-privacy@dod.no
CitroŽn C4 1.6i Coupť -05

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
TheJim wrote:

Best security measure is to empty the glove box and then leave it open so thieves can clearly look inside your car and see you've got nothing to steal
A friend gave me this tip and it's a very good idea.
I also have a torch that fits inthe cig lighter and has a flashing red LED this give the impression of an alarm
Add pictures here
‚úĖ