Audio System Question

Hi All,

I recently changed a 2002 Punto for a 2004 Punto. My query here concerns the (re)installation of my audio player.

I had a Sony CDX-MP30 in the 02 and expected a simple swap over using same ISO harness in the 04 that I had in the 02. However, when I fitted the Sony into the 04 I got no response at all - no power to the unit.

Is there a different wiring config in the newest Puntos? And, if so, can anyone help me with reconfiguring the wiring? I know very little about car audio systems but I'm assuming (hoping) it would be a simple matter of changing the "slots" around on the harness.

My hope of simply matching up wire colours was a non-starter as the Punto's wiring has a completely different set of colours to the harness. Also, the

04 Punto has one wire extra compared to the harness - although I don't know/remember if this was the case on the 02 Punto.

Peter

Reply to
Peter

had the exact same thing at work on saturday, disconect the red wire on the sony wiring loom and plug it into the extra conector on the yellow wiring plug.

Reply to
undergraduate-car-mechanic

Right! Thank You,

That did the trick. I'm rocking again! Well - OK, I admit that "rocking" is just me trying to sound young and trendy but it DOES work now.

Cheers, Peter

Reply to
Peter