Blue spare key problem (Brava)

I've got a problem with my blue spare key which I've never used (using the red master ever since I bought the car). When I bought the car (1996 Fiat Brava SX) used 3 years ago the guy didn't have any blue spares only the
red master but he said I could get a blue spare easily enough. I had a blue spare cut at my then local Fiat garage but it's never worked properly.
This is what happens: I use the red master, turn the ignition (without starting the engine) and then wait until the key code light goes off. If I then use the blue spare the engine will start. However, if I try to start the engine again immediately with the blue spare it won't start. Seems the blue spare will only work once straight after I've used the red master. It won't work twice in a row which makes it useless! Shortly after this the Fiat dealer disappeared so I'm still using the red master. Anyone else had this problem and will it need the ECU to be reprogrammed or replaced?
Cheers Chris
CHris_W formuleerde op donderdag :

Never ever use the red key to drive your car ! This is the masterkey, only used to add blue key's to your car's system. There is a special sequince in wich you have to turn the keys

Someone else migt know the right way to use the blue key, but it has te be added in a special way. Don't keep driving with the red one....
--
Grt. Frank
email: frank@usenet4all dot com

Can't you code the single key in twice in succession?
Andy
undergraduate-car-mechanic formuleerde op donderdag :

Only obtaining a new key at the dealer will solve it probably, but they are expensive as i learnt :-(
--
Grt. Frank
email: frank@usenet4all dot com
you can get a generic code key which should do the job at a locksmith, not that expensive. also i dont think you can use the same blue key twice in the coding method but it might be worth a try.
message

25 gbp at Timpsons, last time I enquired.
Graham
You're right about needing 2 blue keys for the sequence to work properly as I found out from another site which lists the full procedure. I'm going to try using the same blue key twice though in the sequence to see if that fools it. Funny thing is that when I bought the spare from the Fiat dealer they never said I needed 2 and the guy that tried to program it was as baffled as me when it wouldn't work!
Thanks for the tip about the generic code key though. I'll try that before going to a Fiat dealership as the last spare cost me about 50.
lol, i didnt know about the 2 blue key bit before a few weeks ago and ive been fixing these things for 5 years. you live and learn :D
I've recently bought a fiat punto with the same system, I only had the red key and needed to get two more blue ones.
Instead of going to a fiat dealer or coding it in the ignition I went to a local car shop "J G Bestwicks" (Not a garage). Why I waited they copied two bluekeys, coded them using some special software and some kind of ignition system attached to a computer, both worked first time and they only cost me 15.95 each.
Have a look around your local car shops, quite a couple can do these types of keys, apparently.
Gareth