Brake Squeal

Hi Folks
Can anyone help I recently replaced my front discs and pads now when I brake after a 15 min drive (warmed up) they produce a high pitched squeal
which is really annoying to all around . Any advice
Alcistra

Assuming the brakes have been bled, have fairly recent brake fluid, and all the cylinder pistons move freely, a safety requirement anyway, then squeal tends to be a function of friction material composition. If you have bought branded pads then most mfrs have a website with a contact us. That's who to ask. My experience is that pads, and bonding to the backplate materials, use some organic components, which can initiate a rapid (squeal) grab and release action, some seem to have a small amount of embedded copper (not sure if it's copper) to prevent this. There are cheap pads and quality pads, you get what you pay for, in the UK I prefer Mintex. Some brads don't seem to have the stopping power of others (Tapley brake meter and Smiths Instruments accelerometer). I'm not too sure if the MOT rolling resistance test, with cold disks, truly emulates emergency braking. I'm also very surprised, in view of safety issues, why tyres (tires to the Yanks) have to meet specifications, as do bulbs, but not brake components. There is a very good Fiat forum at http://www.fiatforum.com / and searches there about Fiat problems yield a wealth of info based on members experience with various problems. I have often used it to help with how do I replace/remove or get at problems.