Brava 1.4 lurching

My S reg Brava 1.4 has been lurching as though it either has suddenly got no fuel supply or has lost ignition. It has recently had a new/recon? ECU at
the suggestion of our local Auto Electrician, also had new fuel filter, plugs and leads and the injector has been cleaned twice. We have also checked and cleaned all electrical conns and have run out of ideas. Has anyone had a similar problem and resolved it?. Any input would be much appreciated. Alternatively can anyone recommend a reliable auto electrician or dealership in N W Norfolk that will do a GOOD diagnostic at a reasonable cost i.e. not the 60 odd pounds asked by Proiory in Cambridge.
Fattidad

You've changed the distributor cap and rotor arm? Assuming that modern Fiats still have them!
Thanks for the input Mark but they don't have either of em the ECU does all that.
Brian