Brava Clutch problem!

Hi, I'm not very mechanically minded so bare with me. I have a W reg 80Sx Brava, last week I noticed when I depressed the clutch there was a slight amount of resistance by monday I found that after a drive of about 40mins when I got back into the car again the clutch made an almighty squeeling noise. I took it to the garage the following day to be told that this was the second Brava he'd seen with the same problem i.e. the warm weather had somehow evaporated the lubricant in the clutch mechanism. This means basically a new clutch. Has anyone else out there heard of this? is it common? will it happen again? Hope not because it's going to cost me £205 on Tuesday to fix it!

Michael

Reply to
Michael Pauline

Hi

Ive got a fiat Brava 1.4 P reg. My clutch had similar problem last Oct. Mine lasted about 60 miles from when I first noticed it. Got me to work. On the way back I stopped at some traffic lights and couldnt get it into gear. Stuck their for about 10 minutes before it recovered. drove to a nearby retail park and left it for

1/2 hr. Seemed oK then so I drive 20miles back home with out any serious probs, It gave up at my local traffic lights completely. Had to get it towed home then.

Thrust bearing had shattered, new clutch. £60 self install.

Michael Paul>Hi, I'm not very mechanically minded so bare with me. I have a W reg 80Sx

Reply to
steve

They seem to do that around 50-60K miles. Fiat parts are not renowned for their longevity although they are better than they were. Iain.

Reply to
The Pilot