brava electrics

hi,my 97 brava 1.6 sx auto keeps blowing the fuse for indicators,brake lights,reverse lights and dash display.i think it might be the brake lights doing it.possibly the contacts on the boot for the high level centre light.any one agree or have a suggestion to fix?thankd,keith

Reply to
keithabi

My Brava 1999 does not have the same fuse for all those things.... Are you sure that all those items are together on only one fuse ??

Reply to
Søren C. Fischer

What I do in this situation is replace the fuse with a 12V bulb, easy to make a gizmo for this from a blown fuse. Then if there is a short the bulb lights, and you jiggle and fiddle while the ball and chain reports whether the light goes out, or is brighter or dimmer. Switching things on/off should locate which circuit the short is on. Take what you can out of the circuit first, like bulbs, then if the bulb lights it's probably going to ground through the short.

Reply to
ato_zee