Brava front brakes, and other queries. Problems.

Hi,
My 1998 brava 1.6 SX has just worn out the left side front brake shoes/pads. My query is, is 65,000 kms a not particularly short period for brakeshoes??
Whats normal? Any ideas?
Plus, this one, the clutch master cylinder went at about 50,000 kms. and rear shocks were leaking just a month or two ago...
Plus, the central locking had some MAJOR issues, and had to be replaced by a part from Italy.
Are all these things run of the mill? What else can i expect to go wrong before say 100,000 kms???
Oh, in relation to an earlier thread. I find the fuel efficiencey very good on this car. it costs my wife and me less on long distance trips than taking our two older (1974 and 1980) Moto Guzzis..
On 17-May-2004, snipped-for-privacy@ccc.govt.nz (Writsch) wrote:

The wear should be similar on both sides if it isn't then the usual cause is one side isn't releasing cleanly.
I've found putting a smear of MS4 silicone grease on caliper pistons, when re-assembling, then wiping it off again, leaves enough to prevent binding and this sort of problem. Haven't had any problems of compatibility with the rubber/elastomer seals, just a flat rubber ring in a groove. But brakes, and DIY caliper repair, even though you can get repair kits, is not recommended for the average DIY'er.

Clutch cylinders don't usually give much trouble, and are not a particularly expensive item, apart from rip-off for time and labour.
Shocks should last for 5 years or more without leaking and the mfrs say they should be replaced at about this age, but nobody does and its probably more a sales pitch.

Rear shocks on the Bravo and Brava are well known to fail prematurely.
Andy
Ah, good, thanks for that.

your fuel injectors will break down, very common on 1.6 motors. they are about 100 pounds each