Broken Cambelt

Hi, the cambelt on my wife's "P" reg punto 55S broke yesterday. It has been towed to our local garage for repair. I was wondering if there is enough
clearance between the pistons and the valves so that the damage would be minimal so that I could get away with replacing the broken belt? Thanks.
Op 6-7-2004, heeft Pauline Lewis verondersteld :

I have heard people saying that with a 55 motor when the belt brakes, there will be no damage... dont know if it is true... I am curious if in your case there is any...
--
Grt. Frank Email: frank@usenet4all dot com
We are Novell. Lower your shields and surrender your servers. We will
Draak wrote:

I've heard the same... :-)

Ditto :-(
--
Regards,
Sren C. Fischer

I was told this by a Fiat Dealer. Still don't know if it's true! Al
It is true...:-)