Carb Icing ?

Hi
Last couple of cool mornings, and the trusty old F reg Uno 65S has been gasping after around 20 mins driving - Conked out eventually.
Goes alright in warmer weather, so assume the carb is icing - How do I / Is
it possible to set the Air intake to a winter setting ? - Had a quick look in the dark this evening, but couldn't see anything obvious.
Ta
Graham
Most of the Unos have an integral thermostatic summer/winter air flap. When looking at your engine from the front of the car, if your air filter box is large and round with a sqaure shaped inlet on the LHS that is part of the overall air filter assembly then you will find the temperature contolled flap inside that square shaped inlet. This inlet will have a large and small hoses attached to it.
Suggest you remove the air filter cover and air filter. Also the large air inlet hose that comes from behind the headlamp. You will be able to then see the flap. Use a hiar dryer to blow warm air into the inlet. You should see the flap move.
Nick /////

Is

There is also a flexible hose that draws air from a shroud around the exhaust manifold, it's the aluminium 2 inch approx, flexible hose stuff, OEM version has a dark jacket over the alu.
In the MK1 Uno it's at the back behind the engine, on mine the shroud was missing, every cold morning it died on the same hill, cure was to stop wait about 5 mins for the heat of the engine to melt the ice. On the hard shoulder in my case until I cracked the problem. The MK2 Uno is arse about face with the hose at the front.
Also had on other cars where the hot air intake from the exhaust was in the Summer position.