Central locking failing

Hi there,
I've been having some problems on my fiat brava's electrical system; from awhile, my central locking system stopped working - no it's not lack of battery
on the remote.. this is what happens... I lock the doors (wether with the key, or the remote) and the second after, it unlocks again. It seems somehow that one of the doors is giving back a "not-well-closed" error, or something... sometimes it works, so, it's not a constant error. Another thing it started to happen, is that the remote control only works for locking... it doesn't unlock. I fixed this by removing the fuse that controls the central locking system, but with this action, the radio doesn't work... I know that if I unmount the glove compartment and remove a component (can't remember it's name in english, sorry) I disconnect the central locking system, and can put the fuse back on, but then, I will have no central locking system lol... Anyone had similar experiences? Any solutions? I know this error is not traced by plugging the car to the machine (i've done it already), and if I put the car in the garage, they will charge me lots for something they probably don't know how to fix (it has happened before)...
Thanks in advance...
Try to get some oil on the locking components. It seems like something is stuck.
SP

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 12:16:35 -0600, ledz wrote:
Hi there,
I've been having some problems on my fiat brava's electrical system; from awhile, my central locking system stopped working - no it's not lack of battery on the remote.. this is what happens... I lock the doors (wether with the key, or the remote) and the second after, it unlocks again. It seems somehow that one of the doors is giving back a "not-well-closed" error, or something... sometimes it works, so, it's not a constant error. Another thing it started to happen, is that the remote control only works for locking... it doesn't unlock. I fixed this by removing the fuse that controls the central locking system, but with this action, the radio doesn't work... I know that if I unmount the glove compartment and remove a component (can't remember it's name in english, sorry)
You mean the relay? Had that problem once, replaced it with a new one, problem solved.
--
Grt. Frank
email: frank_sernee@hotmail noshit.com
Draak skrev:

If the Brava is a facelifted model (approx. 1998 and forward) there is no relay, but a somewhat expensive electronics controlbox for the centrallocking.
--
Regards Sren C. Fischer
http://www.fischer-streton.dk/brava.php

There have been (many) reports of systems being jammed by nearby radio transmitters, cellphone masts, possibly cellphones themselves (which is why they are banned in planes and near petrol pumps), airfield radar and comms, the masts used by the emergency services etc. This is invariably intermittent, affected by such things as which way the car is facing and local hot spots in the field strength. Just a thought.