cinquecento brakes...

OK I have now fitted new wheel cyls one of the old ones has seized up ,new shoes, new fitting kit...I take it the self adjusters on the shoes will now self adjust without any further bother or is there a way of adjusing the new shoes up? jim

'66 MUSTANG.

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

Shoes self adjust. The handbrake actuator also tends to rust solid at the pivot, I usually have to remove and free it up when fitting new shoes. If the actuator (the T-shaped bit that the handbrake acts on) is rusted solid the shoes won't last so long, wear unevenly, and braking is poorer.

Reply to
ato_zee

Just passed its mot today thanks all jim

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

Now the front engine mounting has gone...what a life.....

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj