Cinquecento help!

Can anybody tell me how the " self adjusting rear brakes " work?.... had the whole thing apart and back together still don't see how it works........ jim

there are 2 adjusters on both shoes, they are the round disc's with springs behind them in the middle off each shoe. no doubt you noticed them if you took the shoes off since two pins that come out the backplate go through them which hold the shoe in place. the spring and plate bit run in a grove so when you want too adjust it leaver the top of the shoe along abit as if it were operating normally. its a bit hard too describe but its quite a basic adjuster, have another look and you will see how it works.
message

springs
I thought that was just a pivot for each shoe......ok got a new set here in the box......still don't see how it works ! but I will have a go as you describe with the old ones on the car first..thanks..jim