code in key symbol on dash board and wont start ??

can any one help i have recently had a key symbol appear on the dash with the word code written in it and the engine is just dead lights windows etc work
fine this have happened before but with a few tries it has started but not this time any clues ??????
gphilla heeft ons zojuist aangekondigd :

The immobilizer probably faulty. Do you have a second key to try it out? Or a red master key? You can try both, mabye you can start then... but... dont drive with such a red master key (if you have one), it is only to add new keys to your car.
--
Grt. Frank
Email frank@usenet4all dot com

yes, it seldom happens to me too... i extract the key, i spin it 180 and insert again, the motor starts...
let's try with the red master one, but i know it is useable for only a certain number of ignitions...
stuka (barchetta)
--
"You know what I really want in a girl? Me" (Bloodhound Gang)
iMac G4/15"/80Gb/640Mb + iPod 5Gb + Sony Clie' TH55