code in key symbol on dash board and wont start ??

can any one help i have recently had a key symbol appear on the dash with the word code written in it and the engine is just dead lights windows etc work fine this have happened before but with a few tries it has started but not this time any clues ??????

Reply to
gphilla

gphilla heeft ons zojuist aangekondigd :

The immobilizer probably faulty. Do you have a second key to try it out? Or a red master key? You can try both, mabye you can start then... but... dont drive with such a red master key (if you have one), it is only to add new keys to your car.

Reply to
Draak

yes, it seldom happens to me too... i extract the key, i spin it 180° and insert again, the motor starts...

let's try with the red master one, but i know it is useable for only a certain number of ignitions...

stuka (barchetta)

Reply to
Stuka

security system missed the code given the key ..could be faulty transponder in key

paul

Hey, what kind of car do you own? I have a Fiat Marea and I have the exact same problem. Not really sure wat to do.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie Rice