Coupe ´96 keys /Immobilizer

Hya, I have now only one key left to open/start the car and deactivate the alarm/immobilizer. Fiat told me they dont sell the IR- handset (was separate from the key) to activate/deactivate alarm+immo and activate the power lock anymore and theyre not sure if the new flip keys are compatible. Also, theyre unwilling to deactivate the alarm/immo -because of insurance issues, they say (....boooo for a 10yrs old car...) Anyone similar probs and perhaps a solution? If I loose that key, ....its junk time, bellezza!

Reply to
<nel_lelldorien

Depends on where you are.....

This month's 'Car Mechanics' magazine has a 4 page article about some bloke who can disable the Fiat CODE system or program new keys for it. Could be worth a look.

Reply to
SteveH

I'll support you in this.

The biggest problems/unrest with Fiat cars in the UK over the years can be placed firmly and squarely in the main at the dealers' doors.

There are/have been some good, even excelent dealers in the UK but they have in general been in the minority.

Simple mathematics. If brand A only has a 5% share of the market then dealers for brand A are potentially in the 5% market share operation. I know this generalisation is somewhat unfair and cannot be relied upon or be taken as true, however general public experience over the years seems to support this.

However the good news is that poor dealer experience, a great Italian motor manufacturer maker has led to strong Fiat following with many clubs, dedicated followers and much more.

Nick /////

Reply to
Nick /////

Well we can but hope, but to be honest the Uno, Punto MkI, Punto MkII have all reaped outright UK industry awards and general world wide sales figures. Sadly these did not translate into dominent UK sales success. I can't but help think that the Grande Punto will suffer the same fate. However in Europe and else where it will be an outstanding success and as a consolation prize to us here in the UK ensure that the Fiat brand and presence will not be withdrawn like it was for Lancia.

Reply to
Nick /////

Try this chap

snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com

Reply to
GaZ

Well I'll become clear on my views, just to set the record straight

1) Fiats cars are great as far as I'm concerned. Style, reliability, functionality, down to earth blinking good motors. 2) Over the years dealer support has been patchy, unreliable and here today gone tomorrow. This is based on my 33 years of owning and driving Fiats. 3) With 2) above said THERE ARE very good, long term stable, knowledgeable dealers out there. Trouble is one has to find them in your area. 4) Parts for Fiats over 10 years old is a lottery. If trim is required then keep your fingers crossed. 5) Parts are on the whole well priced compaired to other makes 6) New models tend to preceed full parts supplies.This affect most if not all makes. 7) Sods law dictates that you will hit parts that are on back order from Italy. 8) I have the Fiats parts CDs/DVDs which are great. Every part you could imagine is there to be ordered. HOWEVER custom parts for your car e.g. Keys, Lock Sets, and other coded security parts will ALWAYS be a problem. Same for I suspect most makes. There must be thousands of combinations per model of car. 9) If I were to work for FIAT UK (or any other country) there is a whole load of changes and improvements I would make. Trouble is many would cost money and you show me a car maker with money to spare. 10) The base product as designed is good. Once it leaves the factory the controlled environment is over and the lottery starts.

Nick /////

Reply to
Nick /////