Doblo

Hi everyone, Just looking at buying a Doblo JTD 1.9 - has anyone any good or bad experiences with them?
Or how about the Multipla, again 1.9 diesel.
Choice at moment is between a new Doblo, or a 2nd hand Multipla.
Best wishes,
Martin <><

Yes, I would try to get a test drive Martin in a JTD. You will know in the first couple of hundred yards whether you want one. The 200nm of torque at just above tickover, 1,500 rpm is really something.I switched from a VW Lupo TDI SPORT... I was amazed at how the JTD Doblo pulled away from a start in comparison..and in road test 0 to 60mph figures there`s little difference. The tyres, as you will be aware are reinforced.I ordered the JTD *SX*, in order to get the steel wheels and the vertical split rear doors which more suit my needs.The heater is good in winter and the steering well assisted. You won`t notice the weight in the back, I have carried a full load of cement bags in mine.The Doblo does not have a competitor really for the space... You will notice Renault Scenic owners really doing a double take... One owner of such was seen walking right around ours. He said he had just spent 6,000 more for what he thought was an MPV.......... Faults? It had a new steering rack fitted following a drop in fluid level. Also a new coolant sensor. It also had rubber buffers fitted at the bottom of the door frame.No problem really considering the 3 yr warranty. Services are at 12,000 and there`s 3 yrs AA cover. No breakdowns, I have been "stuck" for twenty seconds or so on two occasions. Once on the Studland chain ferry and again on a motorway services near Carlisle. Both instances where I suspected the Imobiliser may possibly, have been momentarily swamped by RF fom nearby radio transmitter masts. In summary, I would not hesitate to recommend this vehicle considering the price, power, economy,space and warranty. I hope your experiences of your local dealership are as good as mine are with our own local dealer. IMHO this is the key issue on vehicle choice... Look forward to hearing of your decision and opinion ! Mike
Hi Mike, Thanks for the comments. But I have to put the car buying on hold for at least 6 months - change in circumstances, so likely to be at least that long before I can afford to buy one (the price makes it very attractive - but even 7.5K for a top of the range one including trade in has just gone out the window).
Best wishes,
Martin <><

circumstances. Hope things work out for you soon, Best Regards, Mike

Hello Tim, Sorry to not respond earlier. Yes, I too have had more than a few engines.....Starting with a 200cc Villiers in a very second hand Bond in the 60`s. The JTD`s really something IMHO. Best Regards Mike