ECU and related stuff out of curiousity..

Not that it matters any more, as the repair was years ago and the car is now scrap, but a while back on my mother's '92 Tipo 1.4ie, the car developed stutters at often-used speeds, like 50, 80, 120 kph (the speed limits around here). This was explained at the time as something connected to the throttle wearing through at those points. Repairs, replacing some electronics shit, cost somewhere between 1000-1500 guilders, ~500-750 USdollars, IIRC. Now, if I'm not mistaken, the thing that'd wear would be the throttle position sensor feeding into the ECU, right? Why the hell does a simple potentiometer cost that much to replace? Or did they need to do the whole ECU?

Jasper

Reply to
Jasper Janssen

Don't think the Tipo has a potentiometer near the pedal. It was probably the whole throttle body that needed to be replaced, hence the cost. HTH Iain.

Reply to
The Pilot