ECU Fiat Punto

Hi all, some help would be appreciated

I have a Fiat and recently the exhaust pipe broke from the middle (near the filter of silencer) I left it running without changing it and then I went abroad for 2 weeks and I left it parked and disconnected the battery (I think causing the ECU to reset) then after

3 days or so, the Engine is running half the speed, jurking and missing (it?s working only on two spark plugs)

Could there be a sensor in the silencer that caused the ECU to function at half the power or it?s more likely that the ECU is damaged ?

If it?s a sensor, Could I disable it and reset the ECU and see if it works?

Pls help

Thanks

Reply to
DeathStorm

the Engine is running half the speed, jurking and

How do you know it's only working on two plugs; if you are sure then maybe they should be looked at first.

Andy

Reply to
AndrewP

"andrewportess1" wrote: > the Engine is running half the speed, jurking and > > missing (it's working only on two spark plugs) > >

My mechanic checked them and he told me that the problem is the ECU that it?s not functioning them. could this be? the car is only 3years old

Reply to
DeathStorm

have the ignition coils checked; failure is frequent with the Punto.

Heiner

Reply to
Heiner Hass