Fiat 124

Hi,
The gear in my Fiat 124 (72) wiper motor has failed and I cant seem to source a replacement without having one manufactured. Does anyone know it
the wiper motor can be replaced by a newer more reliable (and repairable) motor ie. will it fit in the space available in the 124?
What have other people done when there wiper gear failed?
Cheers,
Chris
Had the same problem. I made a temporary fix by creating the missing plastic gear teeth out of a very strong epoxy. Just poured the epoxy mix in the area of the missing teeth and when it was hard, cut the epoxy teeth with a small fine saw blade. This lasted long enough to get the car past inspection. I eventually replaced the motor with a used one which had a good plastic gear, but the point arm was broken meaning that the wipers work but don't self park.
Mike
Chris wrote:

Hi Chris,
just take the old motor to a wrecker and find something with the same size spindle. You may need to experiment with the wiring but it isn't rocket science. It would be good if the mounting holes matched up as well, but this shouldn't matter too much (will just require a bit of fabrication). The wiper motor on my Alfa 1750 GTV rusted out and I quickly replaced it with a nearly new one out of a Toyota Hilux van for around $15. I needed to modify the mounting holes, but the new wiper is smaller, quieter and more efficient then the old one.
Regards, Dominic.