Fiat 124 Spider 1972

Hi Folks! I'm asking for a friend of mine - a new owner of this model. 1600 motor, Weber carbs, points ignition, manual choke. The car refuses to start on the self starter when warm. If pushed
it'll start right away. He's changed the starter motor to no avail. Any ideas? Bill, DK
Not familiar with the electrics of this car but here goes.
I gather you are saying that 1) The starter motor turns and engine starts when cold 2) The starter motor does NOT turn when warm
If the starter has been replaced then you need to look to see if the Starter Solenoid Switch is integral with the starter motor or is a separate switch/relay.
Follow the heavy duty wire back from the starter all the way to the battery. If the lead goes directly to the battery without going through any other device then the starter solenoid must be attached to/integral with the starter motor.
Goes without saying that all connections should be properly checked. Check for tightness and corrosion. Also check the ignition switch feed for the started solenoid supply.
Nick /////